Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home Business - Selling or Sorting?

If you read my post below, which I encourage you to do NOW if you haven't yet, you will see that it is all about sorting, NOT selling.

If you slip into the mentality that you've got to "sell" everyone on your offering you're going to burn out fast, and I DO mean FAST.

It takes a lot of energy to do that. And for most it's extremely uncomfortable.

So, NEVER sell. SORT.

Here’s the difference:
Selling is trying to create demand, and convince people that they need what you have.

Sorting is about finding people that are already interested, and simply creating the urgency to buy from you. Sorting is fun. And it pays much better than selling.

In the example I wrote about in my previous post, travel, it's all about sorting to find those who are looking for what you have to offer, finding those who WANT your product or service.

You do NOT have to sell to this group. You've simply got to provide them with a solid product for a reasonably good price.

No comments: