Home Business. That's what this blog is all about, NOT getting RICH! It seems everyone is so focused on 'getting rich' anymore that the REAL benefits of working a home business are lost. If you're just thinking about the money you are WAY OFF. Sure, the money is great! But, what if you lose your family to gain money. What if you give up good health to gain money. You're a MORON! (Sorry if that offends anyone, that's just the way I feel about it)
When J. Paul Getty died he was one of the wealthiest men in the world. However, he once said, "I hate and regret the failure of my marriages. I would gladly give all my millions for just one lasting marital success." He was also reported to have made a similar comment about his health, that he would have gladly given it up for good health. His experience illustrates my point well. Happiness does NOT come from having lots of money. Happiness is the result of having your priorities straight. If your focus in life is on money I can ASSURE YOU you will never be happy.
J. Paul Getty regretted the failure of his marriages. I can only imagine how emotionally draining it must be to experience a marriage breakup. I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed a 30 year honeymoon with my bride, Carla. When Carla and I married many had their doubts that it would ever work out. She was 18, I was 19. Although there was always the potential to put a great deal of emphasis on money, as I have always been self-employed and have worked multiple businesses and investments, we have always managed to keep our marriage and the family in it's rightful place, AHEAD of the money.
So, I ask again. What are your priorities? Is it your family, how you can touch the lives of others? I hope, for your sake, it's NOT MONEY!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment